Ahhh! Summer time! The surroundings are so hot and you can’t avoid the uncomfy feeling. One of the best way to freshen up is through eating refreshing foods. So in this list, learn how to make refreshing and delicious foods that can keep you cool so you can enjoy the summer heat!
1. All time favorite HALO HALO
- 1 ripe large banana
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup firm gelatin set into gel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup ripe jackfruit
- 1/2 cup sweet corn or chick peas (garbanzos)
- 1 cup young shredded coconut, fresh or canned
- 1 cup cooked sweet yams or (ube halaya)
- 2 cup shaved ice
- 2 cup milk
- 4 scoops of favorite ice cream
- 1/2 cup rice pop
- Peel mangoes and slice the meat into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Prepare 4 tall glasses. Divide each ingredient into 4 equal parts.
In each glass place 1/4 of each ingredient, adding layer by layer.
- Top with 1/2 cup shaved ice.
- Pour 1/4 cup milk over shaved ice and top with a scoop of ice cream. Sprinkle nuts or rice krispies over it.